Translate

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

EPP Block of the Month

 So in September I Joined a couple ladies I me in Halifax for an English Paper Piecing block of the month.  The Esther Block.  These two sisters were very interesting to hear speak and their presentation was very good!  I've always said that take a pattern and no two will be the same due to the differences in the maker.  The samples Laura and Sara showed in Halifax of the same pattern done by each of them well showed that!  

The Esther Block is named after their mother and this monthly challenge is just that.  Check it out if you're interested in playing with us!  The November challenge took me a bit to figure out with the fabrics I chose, but I got it.  

These were the fabrics I chose:



The September prompt is to use that piece of fabric you are most excited to cut into. 


October's prompt is to use a strong design element in the large half hexagon in the outer border.



November's prompt is to create a flower motif using both the large central motif and the large half hexis in the outer border.

We were given our choice of sizes to work with and I of course went with the largest blocks.  This means one of the sides of the hexagon is 1.5".  Why?  Because I'd never done it before... Always getting myself into odd situations.  Warning, the blocks will be HUGE!  Each block finishes at 16"x18".  I THOUGHT i was going to make a wall hanging with it, but I figure it will make a nice lap quilt at the end of the year with only 12 blocks....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...