Translate

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Learning New Skills

 I love learning.  As I get older, I seem to want to learn more....History, nature, and especially different hand work.  Another friend of mine offered classes on hand embroidery.  I'd always wanted to learn properly and to add this to my other work on cards and and quilts.  6 weeks in her home and we learned about cotton, wool and silk threads.  Which needles to use and how to achieve the look we want.



As we worked on our pin cushion, I would also practice the stitches on a needle book as well.  This way I had two finished projects that were also useful by the end of the classes.  


As usual I am hooked and have signed up for another stitch along starting in December with Sue Spargo.  Looking so forward to this!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...