Translate

Friday, November 10, 2023

Remember

 There are a few things I am passionate about.  Among them Disney, quilting, crafting, family, Canada, I can go on.... One of them is remembering why we have the freedoms we do.  I am thankful that I can do anything I want and will not be jailed for my opinions.  One reason for this is the sacrifices that were made before I was born.  

I have uncles, aunts and cousins who have and are still serving in our armed forces.  I've thanked them and I thank you too, if you also protect our rights and freedoms around the world.

So I've started to make a wall hanging to show a small bit of my appreciation.  


I loved this pattern as soon as I saw it.  This is a pattern from Peppermint Purple.  A portion of the proceeds to this pattern are donated to the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.  Saturday is Canada's Remembrance Day.  Please take a moment at 11am to remember.  

I was introduced to her in 2020 during covid. I posted about her at the end of 2020 when I finished her stitch along. I recently finished another of her patterns which I will also be turning into a wall hanging. As you can see, I'm auditioning some fabric and embellishments for that. Which fabric would you use?


Have a great week.  

And THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...