Translate

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

You've Got A Friend In Me

 Last year I became part of a chat group that meets weekly on Zoom for an hour to discuss our quilting and other topics that interests us... books, films, kids, just a social hour.  I have benefited from these friendships very much and cannot say how much I appreciate these ladies.  When I first joined, the moderator was creating a block of the month for people to join.  I helped test these patterns and I assembled as instructed, but I wasn't happy with it.  


I wanted to make a wall hanging instead of a lap quilt.  Again precise piecing, but I persevered.  So I took it apart and reassembled with the blocks I liked best.  The rest were used on the back.  I love the end result!  When I look at it, it reminds me of the these ladies.  





I used Meerkat Shweshwe fabric from South Africa in three colours and only a very few solids where necessary.  Each block is representative of connecting through Zoom and in spite of the restrictions of Covid 19.  I also used my new embroidery skills I have been learning from another friend.  I'll have to show you my first embroidery project soon....

I had a chance to meet these ladies in Halifax this past June at Quilt Canada.  I hope to be able to meet them in person again soon!  Meanwhile we have our regular social hour....

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...