Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Hi there!

This week at My Heart Pieces the challenge is Halloween!  As we all dress up at Halloween I thought I'd use Priyanka's "Jungle Queen" image for this challenge.  I think I might make myself a costume along these lines!  Both these images were printed to 4x6" size onto white cardstock on my Laser Jet Printer. 

This first card was coloured with my Prismacolor pencils.  I find I am beginning to like these more and more...  Once coloured I used the Spellbinders Labels 28 to cut it out.  I matted her onto Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells paper and hand cut the mat.  Then repeated the process onto black shiny packaging.  I used a piece of felt and a black ink pad to dry rub some black along the edges for a more grungy look.  I also added a gold hat charm that happen to fit her perfectly!  I used a black Sharpie to colour in the hat.
 
The card is 5.5 x 8.5".  I placed some Darice Steampunk Washi tape down the side of a 5.25 x 8.25" piece of Fanciful Floral paper (same line as above) then adhered the matted Jungle Queen.    The ribbon is from Michaels and the Mini Gears are from Tim Holtz.  I am liking this Steampunk thing!
 
Card #2 is more of a general card.  I loved the idea of 'Jungle' and so tried to make her truly jungle-like.  I coloured her in with my watercolour crayons and water pen then cut her out with Spellbinders Labels 20.  This time I did not use the largest size so I was able to cut the appropriate mat out of Karen Foster 'Spots' paper.  I edged both layers with a black marker. 
 
This card is 4x8" made from an 8x8" piece of printed cardstock in my stash.  I wrapped the front with 1.5" ribbon from Michaels then placed the matted queen on top.  I found that one piece of vellum showed through too much so cut out a second one then secured them with the EK Success Fastenaters.  The greeting is one from a set I've had for a while but not used!  the Word Art Stamps v.1 by Autumn Leaves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...