Translate

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Beads, Glitter and Lace!

Hello!

Time for another My Heart Pieces Challenge!
I chose to use one of Priyanka's newest images 'Artist Ankhi' for this challenge of Beads, Glitter and Lace.  I'm also trying out my different colouring mediums for this challenge.

My first thought was to make a little book for someone to keep their thoughts in, or photographs or even an autograph book if they like!  I started with two embossed pieces of Tim Holtz Grungeboard and rubbed Distress ink all over the fronts and backs (Pickled Raspberry and Seedless Preserves).  I printed out the image to 5x7" and coloured it in with my go to technique of watercolour crayons and a water brush.  I cut it out with the Spellbinders Labels 23, then hand cut matted it with a shimmer red cardstock.  I used the Fleur De Lis Accents border to cut out the first part of the front border and added a strip of white cotton lace and pink ribbon to add some frill.

 
The butterfly is both parts of the Spellbinders Les Papillion Two.  Bottom is the same pink cardstock as the Fleur De Lis border and the top is a silvery paper scrap I found on my desk.  I used my water pen to add some colour into some of the wings for depth.  Finished off the front with carefully placed half-pearls and a few heart pins.  
The pages inside are pieces of paper I found in my stash, all cut to the same size of the book (5x8"), then punched with various corner and/or border punches.  Oh yes!  I used the Bind It All system to create the book!  Now to find someone who would like it...
Come back tomorrow for two more cards made with this image!  Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...