Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Shimmery Christmas Card

Hi!

I've been working on cards for another design team application this week in between starting my first week back at work.  Whew!

This is something I've been wanting to try and so I did!  Elizabeth Craft Designs has these Shimmer sheets that look quite luxurious!  I was wondering what would happen if I tried cutting out some shapes with it.  So I used the Shapeabilities Layered Poinsettias and cut out the flower petals with the red metallic and the leaves with the green metallic sheets.  I did not get the embossing on the cut outs, so I used Bic markers to add some vein details on the leaves and petals.  I also tried cutting out a frame with dark copper metallic shimmer sheet. 

I took a 4 3/4x  5 1/2" piece of DCWV Embossed Glitter cardstock, stamped and embossed a Stampin' Up! reindeer stamp then placed the die cut frame around it.  I placed this onto a 5.5x 7" pieces of Magenta printed vellum, then onto the finished 5 3/4x 7 1/4" card.

I placed a recycled piece of ribbon down the left side of the card, then assembled my shimmery poinsettia!  The finishing touch is a 'Joy' fabric label I've had in my stash for quite a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...