Translate

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Use a Digi Stamp!

Hi!

The My Heart Pieces challenge this week is 'Use a Digi Stamp'.  There are SO many did stamps out there!  And even freebies to test the water with!  I was reluctant to get into digital stamps, but I have to admit, it is nice to have a wider selection of images that I can print at any size I wish!  I even made my Christmas cards with a digital stamp a couple years ago!  Give it a shot and see what you think! 

These cards are using a nice summery image of a mom and son running on the beach "Can You See the Beach".  I printed and then coloured them with my watercolour crayons and water brush. 

Card #1 is a 5x6.5" white card base.  I placed punched out paper patterns I punched out of an old scrapbooking catalog on the background.  I wrapped the left side with Prima washi tape, then a ribbon from my stash.  The coloured image was cut out using Spellbinders' Labels 20, then I hand cut a mat of the pale blue paper.  Finished off the card with a faux wax seal by Sonnets. 

Card #2 is a step card that measures 5.75x8.5".  The image, mat and quote box were cut out with Spellbinders' Labels 28.  I ten placed that onto a 5.25x6.4" checkered yellow paper that had been decorated with old Frances Meyer stickers from my stash.  The steps are accented with lazer cut die cuts from my stash.  The quote is from Digital Princess Designs.  I had my mom on mind while creating this, so I may send it to her on her birthday...

So let me know if you've given digi stamps a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...