Translate

Saturday, June 8, 2013

May Arts Prima Ribbonista?

Hi All!

I do LOVE ribbon and am helpless when faced with a wall of textures and colours in ribbon form...
SO I am going to try out for a design team position with May Arts...  Wish me luck! 

My first card is something I love to do with scrap strips of paper and ribbon... weave.  I find weaving these bits to be relaxing and a fun way to show off the patterns and textures.  When finished other projects, any ribbon 3" or longer get saved so I can do things like this.

So step 1 is gather the ribbons you want to use.
Step 2 is have Glue Dots or Zots handy to adhere ribbon to card front. (regular adhesive will generally not hold ribbon very well)


Step 3 is cut the lengths of ribbon you will need with a bit of overhang
Step 4 is adhere the first row of ribbon, one on top of the lead ribbon, the next under, then on top, etc.
Step 5 is use double sided tape to secure the entire first row to the card
Step 6 is now weave all the other ribbons, opposite the one previous, leaving overhang of the ribbon
I will use the glue dots under the odd spot in order to keep the ribbons against the card

 Once all your ribbon has been woven, use the double sided tape to make sure the edges of the card and the ribbon are in firm contact.
Step 7 is flip the card over and use sharp scissors to trim all the over hang bits of ribbon (keep some bigger scraps for the next card!)
 
Step 8 is to finish the card!  I tied a darker green and white ribbon into a bow and used double sided tape to make sure it stayed put along the left side.  The image is called Gemma by Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.  She is coloured with my watercolour crayons and a water pen then matted onto green foil.  I purposely mis-wove part of the card in order to highlight the words 'forever friends' printed on one ribbon.



This card I did following a sketch I saw on someone else's blog for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  It looked fun so away we go!  The image is by Gorjuss. I coloured her with Stampin' Up! markers.  I used the scraps from the first card to create this and then added the baker's twine + button.  Fun eh?


And last but not least is another weaving/scrapbooking project.  My godchild Larissa graduated from high school in 2008 and I am finally getting to scrapping her pics!  I wove some ribbons for a mat on the 2nd page and on the first page I used paper I created from strips of brown shimmer paper.  Told you I like weaving!  Ribbon is my go-to decoration for making borders on my pages too. 

Hope you enjoy these projects and hope you explore the uses of ribbon in your projects too!

1 comment:

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...