Translate

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Crafty Gifts

 So I like to give crafty gifts. (NOOO!!!) 

BUT I am generally careful who I give these gifts to.  In the past, like most of you, I have given crafty or unique gifts that were not appreciated, or discarded.  Yes, once you give a gift, it is out of your hands what they do with it.  I have however placed quite a bit of time in making this item for YOU.  Because I thought YOU would like it.


That said, one of my friends is crazy for giraffes like I am.  When I saw this blackwork pattern I had to make it.  As I was making it, her name kept coming into my brain.  So I decided it was to be given to her.  I can make myself one later. She got it this past weekend.



This is the first in an experiment that I want to combine blackwork or cross-stitch into wall quilts.  And these two gave my skills a work out!  I found out that I haven't been threading my machine right for quilting, so that is why the thread kept breaking!  It does not lie as flat as I would like, but it is still nice.  I even stitched some hearts into the border fabric.  Yes, I used furry fabric (probably shouldn't have but I wanted to make it special)


So here it is, my first of hopefully a series of such quilts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...