Translate

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Quirky Die-ing For Christmas in July!

Hello!

It's time to brush off those Christmas images and dies/punches to create some awesome art! Quirky Crafts Challenges has a challenge to use both a Christmas image and a die or punch.  So using the Stocking image I was given to use by Stitchy Bear, I created 2 cards this week. 

For my first card, I used my usual 5x6.5" white card base and added strips of washi tapes (Recollections), Santa ribbon from my stash and a strip of paper.  I've been wanting to create more cards like this as they are quick and fun.  I coloured the image with my SU! markers and Sakura metallic markers then fussy cut it.  Where's the die?  I used my Spellbinders Labels 8 and cut out a layer out of some shimmer vellum and edged it with a silver marker.


The second card is using another Mojo Monday template.  I used a red foil embossed card base that I trimmed to 4x7".  A strip of Christmas ribbon was attached down the centre and the two outer corners were punched with a holly corner punch.  After a layer of green cardstock I adhered the stocking I had coloured with watercolour crayons and a water brush.  I also added some metallic marker touches and fussy cut this one too.  The greeting was stamped on scrap blue paper and punched out with a circle punch.  The holly and leaves are paper die cuts from Prima (very old from my stash). 

So what are you gonna create with punches/dies and your Christmas images?  Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, I love both cards.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the washi & ribbon background - so cool! And the vellum overlay - I'm so glad vellum is back "in style" as it's easier to get again. It just adds so much! Love the fun holly punch on the second card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both card too Cindy, Great to have you join the team!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...