Sunday, July 20, 2014

Down the Silk Road

Hi all!
Beware of summer flu bugs!

This is a little late and I apologize to all...

This week at Quirky Crafts Challenges we are playing with images from The East Wind aka Unky.  The theme is The Quirky Silk Road- Oriental Theme.  I started with Ashley5 from Unky and circle quotes from Squigglefly.  Ashley was coloured with my watercolour crayons and water pen.  Accents on her dress were done with a clear Zig glimmer pen.  So much fun to colour too! 

I fussy cut her out and placed her on a card front covered in pink silk and ribbons.  I punched out the dream quote and sprayed it with gold Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.

So this is the 5x7" finished card....
 

But were there not 2 coloured images?  :) 
I had a great idea for a decorator project with a tray I picked up a couple weeks ago at Value Village...
First I covered it with white gesso and let dry.

Then I painted the sides and edges with green Silks Acrylic Glaze.  I did two coats and the paintbrush made a streaked earthy pattern so...

I stamped all sides, inside and out with a bamboo stamp from Hero Arts and Staz On.

I placed scraps of silk and fabric on the bottom of each compartment, then filled each with an Asian element I have in my kit.  I took different angles to show the stamping.  The same circle quote was also used in this collage.  Whatcha think? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!