Translate

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Down the Silk Road

Hi all!
Beware of summer flu bugs!

This is a little late and I apologize to all...

This week at Quirky Crafts Challenges we are playing with images from The East Wind aka Unky.  The theme is The Quirky Silk Road- Oriental Theme.  I started with Ashley5 from Unky and circle quotes from Squigglefly.  Ashley was coloured with my watercolour crayons and water pen.  Accents on her dress were done with a clear Zig glimmer pen.  So much fun to colour too! 

I fussy cut her out and placed her on a card front covered in pink silk and ribbons.  I punched out the dream quote and sprayed it with gold Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.

So this is the 5x7" finished card....
 

But were there not 2 coloured images?  :) 
I had a great idea for a decorator project with a tray I picked up a couple weeks ago at Value Village...
First I covered it with white gesso and let dry.

Then I painted the sides and edges with green Silks Acrylic Glaze.  I did two coats and the paintbrush made a streaked earthy pattern so...

I stamped all sides, inside and out with a bamboo stamp from Hero Arts and Staz On.

I placed scraps of silk and fabric on the bottom of each compartment, then filled each with an Asian element I have in my kit.  I took different angles to show the stamping.  The same circle quote was also used in this collage.  Whatcha think? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...