Translate

Thursday, October 22, 2015

July and August Tags

Hi there!

Half way there now!
Mu girlfriend's birthday is in July and we are both crafty ladies.  I tried this year to make her something for her birthday that might be useful and decorative... a tag a month on a ring she could display.  Here is July and August:
 
I've always like the collage look and decided to do so with the July tag.  I went through all my Canadian themed stamps and played around until I came to this combination:
 
 
I used Stampin' Up Cranberry Crisp to stamp all the images on the background:
 
Then I stamped High Hopes Rubber Stamps Mountie, colored him in with watercolour crayons and fussy cut him out.  Finished off the look with white twill tape I had stamped with StazOn Blazing Red and a maple leaf wheel (I cannot remember the maker)
 
The August tag was also made as part of the monthly tag swap but Judith was it's inspiration.  Paper piecing was the name of the game for this tag :) I stamped the Prima Mermaid doll on several pieces of paper: orange/red for her hair, green washi paper for she shimmery skin, Best Creations Pear Gem Glitter cardstock for her tail. StazOn black ink was used.
 
Once all cut out, I pieced the doll together.  Wink of Luna Gold pen was used to fill in her bra and her hairband.
 
The tag was embossed with a Spellbinders MBossabilities Reversible folder: Sea Beauty then rubbed over with metallic blue, green and silver Gelatos.  The 'seaweed' is Rangers Dylusions doodle parts stamped then sprayed with Tattered Angels Turquoise Blue Glimmer Mist and cut out.
The finishing touch is a Magenta quote stamped on a Vertigo Taffeta sheet by Imagine Crafts.
 
Whew!  This was a long one!  Hope I didn't lose you!
Hugs!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...