Translate

Saturday, July 12, 2014

'Dying' for Christmas

Hi!

Yes, it is July.  At Quirky Crafts Challenges we are playing with images from Stichy Bear to create a Christmas Project that also makes use of a die or punch.  My second image is this Arctic Fox created by Delicious Doodles.  He is so elegant, I wanted to make an equally card with it. 

After printing and cutting him out with my Spellbinders die, I covered him with Sookwang double sided tape and clear beads. 

I layered him with glossy grey cardstock I've been hording for a while.  On the card base of 5x6.5" I placed a slightly smaller piece of the same cardstock and then some textured stationery paper I got moon ago at Staples.  Then came the beaded fox.  I used the smaller die from the same set to trim a greeting sticker and matted it with a scrap from the gray paper. 
Pretty?  I think so!
Here's a close up of the beads and paper texture.  'Till next time!
 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! Such a gorgeous technique for this beautiful image! I love it! And I love the texture of that paper. SO soft & gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    Sorry I didn't get round sooner to say what a gorgeous card you made, I love the image and white on white it looks stunning!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...