Translate

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Down the Silk Road... Again

Hello!

Happy birthday to me!  I'm 44 today and totally happy with my life!  Had a great crafting day at a friend's home yesterday and relaxing today with my hubby cooking for me!

I'm back to a card for today's challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenges.  The image a received this week from Unky at The East Wind is called Tuxedo Sleeping Cat.  Such a cutie and already precoloured.  I started with an Asian print tissue.  I separated the layers of tissue until I had just the top, decorated one and used double sided tape to adhere it to a piece of black shimmer cardstock, then to a 5.5x6" white card base.  Used a strip of same black card to make a strap along the top and topped it with a stamped kanji of 'cat' that had been punched with a decorative punch from Creative Memories. Printed and cut out Tuxedo kitty and adhered him to the front.  Quick and easy! 
I used the scraps to decorate the inside as well...

1 comment:

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...