Translate

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Using Metal

Hello!

Just when everything is going well, something will happen to throw a curve into the order.  My computer had to be sent in for warrantee work.  My screen died!  So we continue, but at a much slower pace. 

Here is my contribution for this week's challenge at My Heart Pieces: Use Metal.  I started with 'Baby Bee Enjoys Fall' and coloured it with my Prismacolor pencils then I fussy cut it out.  I took a blues sheet of Spellbinders metal and trimmed it to 3 7/8x 6 7/8" then embossed it twice, once with leaves along the bottom and swirls on the top 3/4 of the sheet.  I used brown StazOn ink along the leaves then green alcohol ink to try to make it like dirt for the pumpkins.  I sanded the swirl part to get some dimension.  I matted this onto gold textured paper and then shimmer green cardstock by DCWV. (Die Cuts With A View)  I folded a copper sheet in half to make a 5 1/2x 8 1/2" card.  I added a metallic ribbon with wheat and copper accents along the right side of the card.  I adhered the matted panel on top of the card, then added the pumpkins and Baby Bee.  Finished off with accenting with 3 metal leaf brads along the bottom and stickles on the bee's wings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...