Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Friendship

Hello!
I am sometimes a bad friend.  Really!  I am not comfortable calling people up to see how they are doing, as usually, I end up calling at a bad time.  When you add in different time zones, it becomes worse.  As a result my friends will hear from me through letters or emails more regularly than any other way.  The only problem with this system is when the friend's best way to communicate is by phone! :) 

This card is for a very good friend of mine, Judith.  It will be sent off tomorrow along with some little items I picked up for her birthday. 

The quote was stamped on cardstock and given to me a while ago.  I do not know the company, but would be interested in knowing to get one for myself!  I used leftover ink on sponges to add some colour the edges of this layer.  I used Spellbinders Labels 28 to make these layers.  The next layer is a background I created at a class last year with memory foam.  The third layer is handmade marble paper I got in a paper exchange a while a go.  Yes, I am trying to use up the bits and pieces in my stash! :) 
 
The card base is 5x6 1/2".  I wrapped different coloured ribbons, fabric strips and knit trim around a green glitter card cut from DCWV pad.  I then adhered the die cut panels on top.  The flowers in the top left corner are from Stampin' Up!  I finished off the card with rainbow coloured recycled Sari fibre, tied in a bow.  I love texture!    How about you?
 


I'm also entering this in Loves Rubber Stamps weekly challenge this week.  It's for "Anything Goes!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so beautiful, she will love it. I either message my friends through facebook or I text them on my phone, I don't have time to call anymore, lol. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love all of the layers and colorful papers in the background. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...