Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2013

100 posts!

Wow!

Just realised this is my 100th post to this blog!  Tell you what, leave a comment and I'll draw a name to send a little surprise to!  I have 25 followers now, it would be nice to have more, but we will see. 

My post today is a card I made for a friend who is moving away this summer...  She is part of the PMS stamping group I've mentioned before.  Her husband is retiring (YAY!) and so they are moving to another province (boo!).  Today the whole group is meeting for our last meeting before summer and so she is getting this card and many more...

I stamped the Hero Arts Hexagon Background onto the inside of a blue security envelope, which gave a funky effect!  Matted it onto the same blue shimmer paper then onto a 5x6" white card front.  I stamped this little monster I picked up from Stampotique onto white paper and coloured him in with my Stampin' Up markers.  My new Spellbinders Hexagon Dies were pressed into action to cut the monster and a mat out.  I ran a blue ribbon across the bottom, then some Magenta Marayuma ribbon on top of that.  Held the layers together with a jumbo white brad.  The letters are also by Hero Arts and cut out using their dies that go with this set.  Then I tucked part of a greeting stamp by Stampin' Up! under the 'O' to finish it off.  (O is for One ~ {of a kind} that's YOU)


Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...