Translate

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Springtime

Spring is here!!!
Well... almost.
We are at another challenge for My Heart Pieces.  This week it's Spring or Easter that Priyanka has challenged us to create.  As Easter has passed, I decided to focus on Spring with the image called "Window".  I coloured all the images with watercolour crayons and a water brush.

The first card I created is 5 x 6.5".  I cut out the image, mat and title box using my Spellbinder Labels 8.  After colouring the image, I used a Bic white out pen to make the fence and window box white.  I used Tim Holtz Kraft resist paper for the mat and the background paper (4.75" x 6.25") is from Walmart.  The flower border is a ribbon I picked up at the sewing and craft show last fall.  The 'Thank You' stamp is an old one from Stampin' Up!

 
The second card I created I decided to make 3D.  I coloured in the image + the fence/grass and birds of another image.  Then I fussy cut these extra bits and pop-dotted them onto the first image.  Then I placed it in a 5x7" Magenta window card.  I used a paper scrap to make the accent corners. Then I used Dazzle Versamark to stamp 'Spring' by Hero Arts all around the mat.


 
My last card is something I do not do too often... A dimensional card.  It's a simple half fold with a 6x6 panel glued to the top.  The image and mat were cut using my newest Spellbinders Labels 28.  The flowers really looking like pansies to me and so inspired me to use this pansy ribbon I've been saving for a while.  On the inside I used a scrap of the brown paper and more of the ribbon plus a Stampin' Up! red rose embellishment to use as a stopper for the card in its open position.  The brown flower on the front is from my stash.  The Spring quote on the inside is from Hero Arts.



 
Till next time!  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...