Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Know How To Crochet!!!!

Hello!

And you are thinking, "SO?"
I am a visual learner.  Sometimes I can follow instructions to do something, but I usually need pictures, and even better is if I am shown.  I tried last summer to learn to crochet.  The books and pictured were just NOT doing it for me.  Why not use You Tube???  I didn't think of it.  So I found this project on the internet and my mom was visiting for 3 weeks, so I begged her to help me with it. 
See that look of concentration???  It took me 6 hours to figure out the first one! 


 
See the computer screen?  Yes, we are trying to knit flat Mickey mouse heads.  Between You Tube and this lady's blog: http://dizzneemomma.com/2012/01/crocheted_mickey_medallions/ we managed it.  I want to make a pile of these for a swap I am doing next year.  This blue one is the first one I did in 6 hours!
 
I am now down to an hour and a half for each completed head.  This is how big they are in relation to my hand.  I know some of you can crochet faster, but I am still learning!

 
 I've sent these off to a Make a Wish family who is taking a Disney Cruise soon.  The initials are for each of the 3 kids.  I attached magnets to the back of these so they can stick on their stateroom door and then when they get back home.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...