Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thinking of You

Hello again!
This week at My Heart Pieces the challenge is 'Thinking of You'.  I chose the image 'Me & Snowman' as it really reminds me of when I'm with my friends.  I take TONS of photos and most of my friends reluctantly let me do this when we get together. :) 


I am trying to include more layers in my work these days and this is one of my attempts.  I started with an 8.5x11" piece of green duplex card stock.  I cut a piece of winter themed printed acetate to fit the front by Creative Imaginations.  I wrapped the front right edge with Magenta Maruma green ribbon and dollar store snowman ribbon.  Held it in place with a snowflake metal clip.  then I adhered the acetate on top.  Used a large heart shaped slide holder to mat a quote from a Hot Off The Press booklet of quotes.  Then I printed my image, coloured it in with my SU! and CM metallic markers and matted it like the quote in silver.  Once the quote and image were attached to to the front of the card,  used the same snowman ribbon along the bottom of the card.  I cut out a silver tag from a recycled Christmas card, accented with silver string and added it to the bottom left of the card. 

I am also going to enter this card in the Design Team Call for Digi Darla :)

For card #2, I loved the idea of a purple winter card, so I started with a 5x6.5" piece of textured cardstock adhered to a card front.  Added a Fancy Pants Design Journal Art Card at an angle, then a couple of strips of Ideology Film.  I printed out the image and coloured it in with Prismacolor pencils then I circle cut it.  I mounted the image onto a used DVD then onto the card front.  Finifhed it off with wrapping and tying some fibre that has purple, green, blue and yellow in it.

Sorry about the late post.  Having some tech issues with Blogger.  Very odd!
Talk with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...