Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Gelli Card

I'm taking a series of classes (Klasses as my girlfriend calls them) at Kinsa's Retreat just outside of Edmonton.  We are learning how to use a Gelli Plate with acrylic paints.  Layering primary colours and creating new colours.  Brings me right back to elementary when we used to play with paints and our fingers!  After an entire day of playing we came home with a pile of painted and coloured pages.  This is the first card I created with a sheet.  Actually this was the scrap sheet I rolled extra paint onto! 
6x12 bazzill cardstock folded in half, then trimmed paper as the background.  I matted a cut piece from a tissue box that had the same colours.  I punched the birds from the same box and the mats with a CM punch.  Then I stamped a greeting and cut out the individual words.  This is not my usual style, but I like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...