Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Life Happens!

Well, I hinted to this event last month, but it has affected me more than I thought it would.
Just before leaving for a month long holiday we had two weeks of heavy rain.  This lead to a clean water flood in our basement... where my and my husband's work areas are.  We are currently finishing up the clean up and clear out of the basement.  I do not see myself getting back to creating for another few weeks though.  As a result, I will be posting past completed projects I have already photographed.  (beacause I cannot find them right now)  Here are some pics of the damage just because, as the saying goes, they are worth a thousand words...

These are before and afters.  My husband spent his two weeks holidays ripping out carpet, scraping glue off the cement and painting with a sealant paint.  Not mention moving all our junk stuff as needed to do the work.  I love my husband!
Just half of the carpet ripped out...
Office area...

This is the last room to be worked on: our work areas.
I know others have had WAY more loss and I do not wish to complain.  I post this to appologise to all where I have or will not be able to complete swaps.  Hugs to all!
Cindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...