Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Mother's Day Challenge

Hi!

This year I've mostly focused on wall quilts, or banners.  I can quilt these myself easily and they get completed quicker too.

I also belong to a quilt guild across the border in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, USA.  Living in a border city does have some perks!  These ladies are fun and inspirational and I get different ideas for my work through them.  This guild is called Keeping the Piece Quilt Guild.  They had a mother's day challenge where we needed to use a particular fabric and have the word 'mother' (or similar) on a wall quilt.  The Mother's Day challenge.

So with this fabric fat quarter (purchased by the guild):



I created this piece highlighting all the women who support, love and inspire me.
I called it 'My Sheroes'
The lighting was not the best...


I am not one to play with florals usually, so this was a challenge for me.
I am French Canadian so some of the words are the French term, as I call my grandmothers 'Memere' for example.
I think it turned out ok :)

Hugs!
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...