Translate

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Last two tags!

Hi!
Thanks to all who are looking at these posts!
I had fun creating these tags for my girlfriend Judith for her birthday this past July and I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I created them. 
November and December needed to be created custom as these months have come up yet as part of the tag swap I am a part of at a local stamp store.

We both like Tim Holtz and the Steampunk style so I attempted this look for November:
A Hancock Park Prima tag was used as the base. I then stamped the Cornish Heritage Farms 6x6 Newspaper Ads background with Stampin' Up Basic Brown ink.

I gathered all the steampunk stuff I've been hording and started with  an old watch part glued down on Tim Holtz Components Camera Collage and then accented with Tim's Ideaology Film Strip Ribbon.

This bulb from Prima Junkyard Findings was glues down on the top right.

Add in a couple gears, word band and Ruler tape from Tim Holtz...

And finish it off with a piece of vintage sewing measuring tape!

December's tag was not photo documented.  Sorry!
  • I stamped this adorable image from Crafter's Companion on the tags and also on a large sticky note to create a mask.
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Caribbean Blue was sprayed to make the sky once the image was masked
  • I ran the tag through a snowflake embossing folder then sanded the raised edges a bit to make them more visible
  • The image was coloured in using regular markers and accented by stickles for the snowflakes
  • The quote is from Ranger Dylusions Christmas Words (DMR35831) stamped out and individually cut out then pop dotted to give more dimension.
Now maybe YOU can go and make something similar for a nice Christmas/Hanukka gift or stocking stuffer?
Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...