Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Peacock Reminder

Hi all!

How was your long weekend!  My was good!  So good, I forgot to post my reminder card.  And I had it done ahead of time this time!!! So SORRY to Cazzy and all of you!
Quirky Crafts Challenges does a different challenge every 2 weeks and the current challenge "As Proud (and as beautiful) as a Quirky Peacock!" For this challenge we were sponsored by Stitchy Bear Stamps and I used one of the beautiful images by the artist Alipeeps and the background is by Mehendi.
I started by colouring the image with my markers and adding some shimmer with a metallic pen.  I am not good at skin tones with my markers, so I did that part with my watercolour crayons and a water brush.  I fussy cut her out after I was done.

I printed the background to 5x7" then trimmed it down to 4.5x6 and mounted it to my 5x6.5" card front.  I cut a piece of vellum down to 4x5.5" and added this to the card.  The fussy cut girl came next then the greeting by Dylusions was stamped with black Staz On.  3 teal pearls were added as a finishing touch and voila!  I love images like this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!