Monday, October 21, 2013

May Arts Halloween Challenge

Hello All!

In September, 20 people were offered a chance to create something special using some of May Arts newest ribbon!  I was chosen with my idea of making a mini spiral book to be used for pictures or for journaling. :) Check it out: 

I started with 2 pieces of 5x8" grunge board by Tim Holtz.  I trimmed both sides to give it a dress shape.  It has a spiral pattern embossed on it so I rubbed Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink over both sides of the covers.  To add some depth and interest, I used a black sharpie to trace some of the design on the front and back.  I used some of the Black Satin ribbon, folded in half lengthwise and adhered to a 2" glue dot to make a flower.  The center of the flower is a bat charm from Tim Holtz Adornments. 
Along the bottom of both covers I used double sided tape to wrap the Orange Ribbon with Black Pom Poms.  Then another row of tape.  This time I gathered the spider ribbon to create a ruffle.  To finish it off, I wrapped the Black Twine over the ruffle a few times and tied it in a knot.  
I used the cover to create a 5x6.5" template to cut out orange pages out of cardstock.  The Bind It All was used with a 1/2" coil to punch and connect everything together.  
Of course I had some ribbon left over so I created a couple more items...

Most of the left over Black Satin ribbon was wrapped around a 5x6.5" card.  A strip of the orange/pom-pom ribbon across the center, then a strip of the Spider Ribbon above that.  I covered a 3.5x4.5" piece of orange cardstock with torn purple mulberry paper.  I stamped the image by Inkadinkado with black ink, then purple Encore ink and embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder.   On the bottom right, a scrap piece of the grunge board was coloured with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, swirls traced with a white then orange sharpie. An owl charm from Tim Holtz Adornments was attached with glue dots.  I tied a small strip of the Black Satin ribbon in a knot and attached it to the top left for accent. 
The last item is an award ribbon for Halloween!  Start with a 2.25x5.5" orange card for a base.  Adhere a 2" glue dot center top and gather the spider ribbon around the edge.  Spray the left over pieces of grunge board with Fully Purple Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  Trim and make a flower-like center to the spider ribbon.  Finish off the center with another charm from Tim Holtz Adornments.  I folded a strip of the Orange/Pom-Pom ribbon under the center charm.  It was finished off with a pin on the back with scrap cardstock and glue dots. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!