Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Anything Goes!

Hello!

At My Heart Pieces this week we have an easy challenge: Anything Goes!  I have been admiring the image of "Pretty Noyontara" for a while and decided to play with her. 

Since she is dressed up as a mythical creature, I went all out and used fun colours to depict her.  I also used a technique called 'Spotlighting' where you only colour in part of the image. I printed two copies of the image 3.5x5" on white cardstock. Labels 20 from Spellbinders was used to cut out both the spotlighted part and the entire image.  Prismacolor pencils were used to colour in the spotlight.  Once coloured I pop dotted the smaller image on the larger, matching up the image.  Then I hand cut two mats for the image with papers I created using my Gelli Plate.  The card is 5x6.5" covered with another Gellied paper.  I layered Glittery purple ribbon on top of gold accented 1" cut our ribbon, then on some Michaels sheer purple ribbon.  I placed the border on the left side of the card front, then placed the matted image centered.  Final touch was a circle stamp from the set 'Magical Mini Letter Seals' by Whimsey Stamps,  I stamped and matted this with scraps from the handmade paper.  I punched the greeting with Family Treasure's 1 1/4" circle punch and the mat with Punch Bunch's 1.5" circle punch. 
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...