Thursday, August 29, 2013

Patriotic

Hello!

When I hear the word patriotic, I immediately think of the USA.  They REALLY celebrate their nation's birthday and make a huge party out of it.  I am Canadian and very proud of that.  Canadians tend to take a more laid back approach and sometimes I wish they'd show their pride a little more.  I try to buy Canadian and support Canadian artists and local businesses when ever possible.  I've even tried (unsuccessfully) to throw Canada Day parties...  Oh well!  Thanks Priyanka for a chance to show how proud we are of our countries! 

The My Heart Pieces challenge this week is Patriotic.  So I chose 'Rajrupa'.  This lady reminds me of my godchild when she dressed in her native country's outfit for Ukrainian dancing.  Canada was founded by many different immigrants and this is a nod to that.  We also have two official languages, French and English, and the 'Mon Ami' is a nod to that.  Of course I used the maple leaf where ever I could!  :)

The image was printed to 4x6" and coloured with watercolour crayons and a water pen.  I cut her out and added a cut out Canadian flag I stamped from an old Stampin' Up! set.  The card base is an 8.5x11" piece of Duplex cardstock folded in half for a 5x5 x8.5" sized card.  I matted a 5x8" piece of printed paper from a Canadian pack from Michaels with a piece of white shimmer paper, punched in the corners with a maple leaf corner punch by McGill.  The ceramic 'Mon Ami' is by 7Gypsies.  And Voila! a patriotic Canadian card!  Hope you like it!  Where are you from?  What makes you proud of your country?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!