Thursday, April 25, 2013

Using my Embossing Skills

Hello!

This time on My Heart Pieces we have been challenged to use either dry or wet embossing.  I gotta admit I do not use these tools as often as I should.  They give such a nice texture to an otherwise blah piece and sometimes gives it just the punch it needs too!  I used Prianka's image called 'Aria' for this challenge and used watercolour crayons and a water brush to colour in the images.

This first card is a green 4.5x6" top fold card using shimmer paper from DCWV.  The pink metal is from the pastel pack of Spellbinders Premium Craft Foils.  I ran the foil through Spellbinders Hearts Embossing Folder, then cut it down to 4.25x5.75" as a layer on the front of the card.  One of the scraps I flattened with a ruler and then ran it through an embossing border 'With Love' from Cuttlebug, then matted it with simple white cardstock.  The image was cut out using Spellbinders' Labels 3 dies.  The other scrap of embossed metal was used inside the card as I couldn't waste this pretty stuff!  Oh ya!  Accented the 'love' panel with 3 adhesive pearls from the dollar store!

 
 My second card has 2 different type of embossing...  I started with a 5x7 green card and stamped/embossed Stampin' Up mini flowers all around the edge with kaleidoscope embossing powder.  I cut out the image with Spellbinders' Label 8 and then ran it though my Cuttlebug in an SU! folder.  To accent the dry embossing more, I ran a pale dye ink over the embossing.  I cut out the mat using the same die set and a piece of alcohol ink technique done on glossy cardstock.  I wrapped a ribbon from my stash and finished it off with a crocheted flower and heart tipped pin, also from my stash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!