Monday, April 22, 2013

Digi Darla Garden Time!

Happy Earth Day Everyone!
Once again I got creative and worked on a challenge that Digi Darla had last week.  I didn't get a chance to get them photographed and blog ready in time, but wanted to share with you anyway... 

I used one of the series of Sunbonnet Girls that she has and coloured them all with my watercolour crayons and water brush.  I also used a button flower image of hers to accent some of the cards too.

I used a page out of a magazine I was recycling to use as the background paper.  The piece I cut out was 4 3/4x 6" and matted it onto bright yellow cardstock then adhered it to a white 5x6.5" card front.
I traced the yellow mat with a black pen.  The image was cut out using Spellbinders' Wonky Squares dies and I cut out the mattes with the same.  Added three of the button flowers as accents. 
 
 I cut out the image using Spellbinders' Labels 2 dies.  The mat is resist kraft paper from Tim Holtz.  I used a button flower as accent here as well.  The card is 5x6.5" covered with scraps of cardstock torn and layered.  Sorry, I cannot remember who made the paper!
 
 I've been playing with acrylic paint lately and saving my scrap paper to use as backgrounds for my cards. This piece is 4 3/8 x 5 3/4" matted onto a yellow card 5x6.5" and placed onto a white card front of the same size.  After I coloured the image, I used Spellbinders' Labels 3.  The strip down the left side is another scrap from water colouring.  The final touch is 3 more button blossoms to accent in the bottom left.
 Remember the magazine page?  The title of the article was MOSAICS.  So I cut out the letters individually and used the rest of the page scraps to create the background of this last card.  I played around with the letters to get "MISS U" (in this case the 'c' became a 'u')  This time I only used part of the coloured image and cut it out using Spellbinders' Labels 22 dies.  Once matted, I added it to the top of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!