Translate

Friday, April 25, 2014

Stripes Challenge

Hello!

I have been trying to organise myself to join more challenges.  One of the blogs I follow is A Day for Daisies.  She has such nice images!  Anyway, she put up a challenge to use one of her images and do something with Stripes!  I am not fond of stripes, but I managed to make a fun card following her theme. 

I started with the free image she has on her site for this challenge, a cute birthday froggy.  I coloured him with markers, trying to use the same colours as on my striped paper.  Spellbinders Labels 28 was used to cut out the image and the mat.  The paper for the mat is by Authentique. 

The Happy Birthday greeting is by Stampin' Up.  I wanted to use the same striped paper, but the greeting wouldn't have shown up against the bright pattern.  So I used the old trick of placing a layer of vellum on top of the printed paper to tone it down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...