Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Use Ribbon

This week at My Heart Pieces the challenge is to use ribbon.  When I saw one of Pryanka's newest images I fell in love!  And when she announced the theme, I knew this was the image for me! 

I printed the image two times at 4x6" size.  I used one to cut out 3 spools in order to wrap ribbon and fibres around them.  My card was coloured using mainly my watercolour crayons with some markers for accents.

Then I adhered the popped up wrapped spools onto the coloured image and added buttons and needles where she had drawn them to add more dimension.  Man I love this card!  Finished card is 5x8.5".


Card #2 was the left over image from cutting out spools.  I coloured the image and used my Spellbinders Labels 20 to cut her out.  Layered her twice with misc papers, then placed on two ribbons glued down the centre of the card front.  Added buttons for accent and voila!  Finished card is 5x6".

1 comment:

  1. This is just excellent idea Cindy to wrap ribbon and thread in it, looking beautiful.Thank you.

    Please turn off word verification Cindy, it is difficult to leave a comment on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...