Translate

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Home Sweet Home

Hello! 

Another project closer to making our home even more comfy!

Last Spring I started a King + sized quilt for our bedroom. Gudrun Erla created a pattern called Hope and used all proceeds of the pattern to give to her local charities helping those who were struggling without work due to Covid.  I gladfully paid for the pattern and started a LOOONG project during her quilt-a-long.  Here's her version of it.... (a smaller more doable size)


This was a quilt along where she posted videos on how to do each step, and also gave us some wonderful tips to make the sewing easier. That day I completed 20ish blocks... I needed 120.


Fast forward to January 2021, when I finally fished attaching all said blocks.


Handed it off to my girlfriend at Aba Daba Quilts to long arm the quilting. And today finally finished sewing the binding on it.


It is 93"x 110" with 120 finished 9" blocks set in an offset barn raising pattern.  It's Done!!!!

Hugs everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

Time Flies!

 It's June! Almost July! I have just come back from Quilt Canada in Vancouver.   This is a show that highlights the best juried quilts a...