Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Quirky Crafts Challenge

Hi there!
Been watching the Olympic Gold medal Hockey game... WOO HOO Canada!!!!

Quirky Crafts Challenges is mid way in their two week Layers challenge.  I was given a second image from Robyn's Fetish called 'Lambchop'.  This image also spoke to paper piecing, but also embossing!  I printed 4 copies of the images & used Stampin' Up's new Decorative Dots embossing folder to emboss and cut out 2 copies of the lamb. I used Labels 8 from Sellbinders to cut out one of the images, then sprayed it with Tattered Angels mists to give it a sky and grass. 

 
The Xyron mini was used to adhere the layers of the lamb.  Doesn't the embossing make her look fluffy? 
I used my Stampin' Up markers to colour the flowers a few times and also pop dotted some of them to give more dimention.  This layered layer was placed on a 5x6.5" card front covered with printed lamb paper by Karen Foster Designs.  To add more dimention, I added a couple Garden Weave Corners by Spellbinders.  The bottem corner now needed something...
The greeting is a die I purchased from Die-Versions called Everyday Compliments.  The nice thing about this die is that you can clip letters as needed to make a custom greeting.  I couldn't resist this pun :) 

1 comment:

  1. Love your card; and yes, embossing a fluffy look really made all the difference.. So CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...