Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Your 3 Favourite Embellishments

Hi Ho!
This week the challenge at My Heart Pieces is "Use your 3 Favourite Embellishments".  This was a bit of a challenge for me as I have several favourite embellishments!  My 'go to' embellishments are what I used for this one though. 
Started with the image 'Baby Bee' and coloured it with watercolour crayons and a water pen.  Accented the wings with Stickles (1) and matted it on printed paper by Basic Gray.  I used the Spellbinders Labels 22 to cut the layers out. The card base is a kraft 5x 6.5" card on which I placed 4x6 pieces of paper from Basic Gray and Me & My Big Ideas. (old stuff from my stash)  used red polka dotted tape from Queen & Co. and some strawberry ribbon from Michaels. (2&3)  Adhered the matted image then added buttons (4).  Oops!  Used 4 here!

My next card (yes, there is a second one!)  I used the same image coloured the same way. 
This is horizontal 5.5 x 4.25" red duplex card was wrapped in a different strawberry ribbon from Michaels (1).  I cut out the image with Spellbinders Labels 23, then matted it twice with green paper, then black pleather piece (2).  Adhered this to the front of the card and added the red & white polka tape from Queen & Co (3).

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...