Translate

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Revelations...

 Hey!

So many revelations have been confirmed in the past few weeks. I have to say it has affected me deeply.  If you know me, you know I really hate being lied to.  I tell the truth and I expect those around me to do the same.  To find out that the church has lied to me in not disclosing their involvement with the residential schools atrocities has shaken me to the core.  I was raised to treat  all around me to be equal, and expected all others to do the same... Naïve, I know now...  I have been educating myself on the facts of the past and have tried in my own way to show that I stand with ALL Canadians, regardless of their perceived worth as decided by others.  I craft.  This is how I get through feelings, and even this has caused me to pause.  How to help without offending?  

I recently found a group of ladies up here in Northern Ontario who wish to try to show our support.  Vanessa Grenier started a Facebook group called Quilts For Survivors.  She is collecting 16 1/2" blocks to make quilts for survivors of the Residential school system.  She cannot take names, nor can she guarantee that all survivors will receive one.  Sadly there are too many for that.... But she will try to make sure someone from each province and territory receives one.  She mentioned that she wanted cards to go with, so I created a card with a poem Dianna Klatt wrote for this occasion. 



I also created this block and will try to make more today.

Check this out if you wish and help if you can!

Hugs!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...