Saturday, July 11, 2015

Cancer Donation + Mojo Monday

Hello All!

I know I promised this to be a month of Oriental cards, but I've finally been able to do something I've been planning for a while now:  Donate my hair to cancer.  We lost my dad AND father-in-law to 2 different cancers in 2009.  I found out this was an option to donation a couple years ago when a friend's son started growing his hair to donate...  This month my hair was the minimum 8 inches long ponytail to donate.  So my sister, a red-seal hairdresser did the honours for me and when sending it along to Pantene... well we must make cards!!!

I did this card using the sketch at Mojo Monday for their Challenge/Contest 405.

I used Best Creation glitter cardstock, black glossy cardstock, cancer print paper by Me & My Big Ideas, pink paper from a gelli plate session, a flower from the Re-Use Centre here in Edmonton, half pearl from Stampin' Up! and a Magenta Stamp called Be-YOU-tiful.



These other cards used various supplies from my stash, a ribbon stamp and various greeting stamps.



I wanted to send 10 cards so I included a card I did last year and recycled a beautiful pink oriental card I received from Bonnie at OSA last year too.  Hey!  I guess there is some oriental!!!
Here is the package ready to go through Canada Post :)  The girl at the counter said I got points for wrapping! :)

Oh yes.... Here are before and after of my hair, if you're interested...

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous grouping of cards. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!