Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mixed Media Attempt 2

Hey there!

You have until Staurday to enter in this Mixed Media challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge!  I have been leaning how to do some mixed media for the past two years, but have been afraid to put them in an art book.  :) SO I took this challenge as a chance to use my virgin books. 
I started by using 3 ranger paint daubers and making a border all around my paper edge.
I tore and inked the edge of a gelli printed page I did in the last 6 months.  Used a Gelli Plate, acrylic paint, plastic stencils, a paint comb and some rubber mats for texture. This I adhered to the base page.
This time I printed the image from Squigglefly "Venus Has Arrived" onto wihite tissue paper.  This I applied to a piece of aluminum foil covered with painted tissue and washi tape.  I used matte medium to 'glue' it on.  I used my Spellbinders Label die to cut it out once dry, then edged it with a permanent gold pen.  The image I coloured using Zig Winks paint pens. 
Before adding the image I stamped the background with various fish stamps I have and StazOn ink.  A scrap piece of screen in the top left corner to look like fishing net is tucked under the focal image.  Finish touch is a greeting stamped in 4 heated layers of duo embossing powder. 

Hugs!




1 comment:

  1. Cindy, this is awesome! I am trying to get to grips with my Gelli plate, seems to come naturally to some people!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!