Translate

Friday, May 24, 2013

3D Digi Darla

Hello again!!!

I finally got a chance to play this week and complete Digi Darla's weekly challenge.  This week she wanted us to create a 3D project.  I decided to use one of her images called 'Have a Ball'.  Isn't she adorable? 


I first printed two of the same size image and coloured in one completely, then cut it out.  I coloured the head and front paws of the second image and cut out just these parts.  The full image was adhered securely to the printed flower paper and I pierced some small holes at either end of the yarn ball sections.  Threaded up my needle with this cotton yarn/thread and stitched in some of the sections to give the yarn some dimension.  I pop dotted the partial image and placed it over this to give the kitty a 3D look too.  The tag is cut out using my Cuttlebug and the Spellbinders Fancy Tags.  The sentiment is from Digital Princess Design.

I love making a regular stamp image into 3D when I can! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the kitty's! Lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...