Translate

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Something Cute

Hi there!
This week at My Heart Pieces we are to make something cute.  I think Mermaids are cute!  And so this image was selected and coloured with my markers, twice, then one cut out.  Yes, her skin is blue.  I love the look of popping out a portion of an image to give it depth!  Dug around and found the small seashells I stole from my mom's collection and then added the gold negative sheet from making sequins. (I got it from my friend I have NO idea where to get more! LOL!)  It was a happy fluke that the paint chip I chose to use had the bottom colour listed as Ocean Sea!  Final card is 6x6".
 

Of course I had to keep making cards! :)
This one is also coloured with markers, then I believe it is called 'fussy cut' out the image with small scissors and a blade.  I wanted to show off the Alcohol ink background I cut out using Spellbinders Labels 20 then embossed with a shell pattern (that did not show up very well).  Placed this on blue mulberry paper then saw some pale blue netting out of the corner of my eye.  So I added it over the entire thing and secured with gold brads. Card size is 5 x 6 1/2".

And this last one I took my watercolour crayons and brush to.  Used my Spellbinders Label 22 to cut out the image then hand cut a thin mat onto metalic blue paper.  This is matted onto my girlfriend's hand made marble paper, then patterned vellum.  Nice and elegant, as well as cute!  Card size is 5 x 6 1/2".

1 comment:

  1. what a photography Deanne, beautiful coloring looking very pretty. Thanks Cindy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...