Translate

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Monochromatic

I LOVE this kind of challenge!  Most of my cards tend to lean towards monochomatic, or two colours...  But this week My Heart Pieces has challenged us to create a monochromatic card with one of her images.  I chose Noyontara for these cards.  As usual 4 cards were created as I was on a roll. I also used markers to colour the images (watercolour for the skin) and my Spellbinders for layers. 
 
First up is the yellow family.  I used Labels 8 to layer the handmade paper and cardstock under my image.  She was coloured with markers then cut out. These were then layered onto origami paper on a 6" square card.  I embellished it with a stip of fabric and a couple yellow daisies I rescued at the re-use centre.   

Second up is the pink family.  I coloured her with markers too then cut out the layer with Labels 20. I then placed her onto mulberry paper cut out with Labels 8.  The background is Core-Dinations paper embossed with a Cuttlebug alphabet folder and sanded.  A strip of striped paper and a couple of fibres are added to the left side and buttons in the bottom corner for embellishment.

I Love Asian themed cards too and so the colour red came to mind for this image.  After colouring her in  used Labels 2 to cut her out along with the red mulberry and origami paper.  Then layered onto another origami paper, red cardstock and again the red mulberry.  Finished card is the usual 5x6.5".  The chop at the bottem is a sticker from my stash.

Last up is green.  I was suddenly inspired when I saw the pre cut window card front for Magenta.  Thought she'd look cute peeking out the window and I was right!  Just cut her out and positioned her.  Then added Magenta velum paper behind and added a preprinted green flower tag from my stash and stamped 'Hello' (Digital Princess Designs) on it.  Simple, quick and cute!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...